1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
E. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. Discuss disaster preparedness and response, including matters related to COVID-19, Emergency Orders, severe weather, flooding, drainage, economic recovery, state and federal assistance, and infrastructure status, and other related matters.
1. In recognition of the month of October as Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
2. In recognition of Cenikor's 55th year milestone.
1. Nueces County Animal Services Advisory Committee
2. Nueces County Airport Advisory Board
3. Nueces County Appraisal District Board of Directors
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
A. Authorize payment of bills - regular bill summaries dated October 15, 2021, and October 20, 2021.
B. Authorize payment of bills - manual check registers dated October 11, 2021, to October 18, 2021.
C. Authorize payment of bills - special motions list dated October 27, 2021.
M. Adopt a resolution authorizing the County Judge, designated representative of Nueces County, to execute an agreement with the Texas Water Development Board for funding in the amount of $2,137,500, in relation to the Regional Master Plan Drainage Study.
N. Authorize the execution of an Escrow Agreement between Nueces County and ValueBank Texas in relation to funding from the Texas Water Development Board for the Regional Master Plan Drainage Study.
1. Discuss and consider approval of Intergovernmental Support Agreement (IGSA) with Naval Air Station-Corpus Christi (NAS-CC); authorize Nueces County Judge to execute.
2. Authorize agreement with Certified Payments, a division of Accelerated Card Company, LLC which will provide equipment and service for credit card processing for the Tax Office.
5. Discuss and consider approval of a finding for the method of procurement (request for qualifications) for licensed professional Engineers for engineering services to provide program management to oversee projects, manage resources and teams to successfully execute Capital Improvement Programs (CIP); authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice, and adopt an order.
6. Discuss and consider placing on the list for use of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds for purposes of assisting households in the rural areas of the county, three to four colonias, inspecting and replacing their septic gauges as required by Chapter 285 TCEQ On-Site Sewage Facilities Code Section 285.30.
7. Discuss and consider start time for Commissioner Court meetings for remainder of 2021 calendar year.
8. Discuss and consider City of Corpus Christi’s withdrawal from the Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District, including County alternatives, response and related matters.
9. Discuss and consider approval of overtime pursuant to County policy for essential exempt employees during declared disasters as it relates to COVID-19, and storm preparedness and response; severe weather preparedness and response; in addition, authorize payment of overtime to essential exempt City County Health District Employees.
1. Discuss and consider creating and unfreezing 16 Public Health Technician positions, 1 Grant Manager position, and 2 Epidemiology Specialist positions in the Infectious Disease Prevention and Control Unit (IDCU/COVID) grant.
1. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 1 for the Robstown Community Center ADA Improvements Project.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 01 for Fiscal Year 2021-2022.
2. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 101.
3. Approve asset forfeiture reports for FY 2021 for Nueces County Constable Precinct 1, Constable Precinct 2, Constable Precinct 3, Constable Precinct 4, and Constable Precinct 5.
1. Discuss and consider increasing the Family Drug Court Coordinator (CCL#5- #3150) position from a pay group 14 to a pay group 18.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Oct 27, 2021 Commissioners Court - Regular