1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
E. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
F. PUBLIC HEARINGS: The Nueces County Commissioners Court will conduct public hearings on the following: 1) pursuant to Section 51.305 of the Texas Government Code, a plan for the preservation and restoration of the Nueces County District Clerk’s court records archives 2) pursuant to Section 118.025 of the Texas Local Government Code, a plan for the preservation and restoration of the Nueces County Clerk’s records archives CLOSE PUBLIC HEARINGS AND RECONVENE SPECIAL MEETING
1. In recognition of the month of October 2021 as Disability Employment Awareness Month.
2. In recognition of Cenikor's 55th year milestone.
3. In recognition of United Way Campaign Kickoff 2021.
1. Sgt. Israel Trevino, Jr., Nueces County Constable's Office, Precinct No. 2 - Lifesaving Recognition.
2. Jason Ott, County Extension Agent Coordinator - Agriculture, 4-H, for 8 years of service to Nueces County.
1. Discuss the COVID-19 response, plans for COVID-19 testing, alternative care sites, Governor Orders, amended Orders, and activities related to area economic recovery; receive update from the Nueces County Emergency Operations Center.
J. Accept the following Minutes:
1. Nueces County Bail Bond Board
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
C. Authorize payment of bills - Special Motion list dated October 18, 2021; Special Motion List - American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) and Special Motion List - Banc of America Public Capital Corp.
E. Approve the following tax resale offers: Lots 42, 43, and 44, Block 3, Flores Addition to Robstown (615 W Avenue D), in the amount of $19,500.00 Lots 13 and 14, Block 2, Compress Addition to Robstown (524 Marie St.), in the amount of $1,000.00 A strip of land, 60 feet by 118 feet, between Park 'J' and Park 'K', A.L. Hailey Subdivision of Robstown (498 N Upshaw Blvd.), in the amound of $1,800.00 33 Boat Slips in Harbor Del Sol Marina, Corpus Christi (1402 Ocean Dr. E), in the amount of $134,853.24 (Slip Nos. 1, 2, 7, 8, 15, 20, 21, 22, 28, 29, 30, 31, and 38 in Pier 1; Slip Nos. 47, 48, 49, 53, 54, 55, 56, 58, 60, 62, 63, 64, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, and 72 in Pier 2; and Slip Nos. 74 and 75 in Pier 3)
F. Accept for record purposes, the executed lease agreements for FY 2021-2022 at the Nueces County Airport: Hangar T-4 - Jerry Hunsaker Hangar T-5 - Robert Whitock Hangar T-6 - Jerry Lunceford Hangar T-7 - Mark Harrison Hangar T-8 - Andrew Kirkpatrick Hangar T-9 - Wayne Hunter Hangar T-13 - Mark Rock Hangar T-14 - James Bliss Hangar T-15 - Thomas Perrigue Hangar T-18 - Tim Bowen Hangar T-20 - John Reed
N. Authorize the submission of a grant application to the Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation for equipment for the County’s Fire Marshal.
W. Authorize execution of agreement with Rolando Rios & Associates, PLLC for RFQ 3172-20 Legal Counsel to Assist with Redistricting Plan.
1. Receive semi-annual update on activities of the Corpus Christi Regional Economic Development Corporation.
2. Receive update from the Nueces County Industrial Commission a/k/a Nueces County Development Commission.
3. Discuss and consider Change Order No. 3 for Mako Contracting to connect new fire suppression system for park office.
4. Discuss and consider the approval of Change Order No. 3 from Geofill Material Technologies to replace and upgrade electric service for new building at Horace Caldwell Pier.
5. Discuss and consider approval of a Dune Protection Permit Exemption Amendment for a chapel structure and associated walkover DPP-0720-01p located at 7021 SH 361, Corpus Christi TX.
6. Discuss and consider adoption of an Order approving the District Clerk Records Management, Archiving, Preservation, and Restoration Plan for the FY 2021-2022 budget.
7. Discuss and consider the adoption of the District Court Records Archive Fee of $10.00 for the 2021-2022 budget year on applicable documents under Texas Government Code Sec. 51.305.
8. Discuss and consider adoption of an Order approving the County Clerk Records Management, Archiving, Preservation, and Restoration Plan for the FY 2021-2022 budget.
9. Discuss and consider the adoption of the County Clerk Records Archive Fee of $10.00 for the 2021-2022 budget year on applicable documents under Texas Local Government Code Sec. 118.025.
10. Discuss and consider adopting a policy that any request for monies from the Nueces County Hospital District over $10,000 be approved by Commissioners Court prior to requesting any funds.
11. Discuss and consider placing on the list for use of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds for purposes of assisting households in the rural areas of the county, three to four colonias, inspecting and replacing their septic gauges as required by Chapter 285 Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) On-Site Sewage Facilities Code Section 285.30.
12. Discuss and consider Juan Pimentel, Director of Public Works Department, to determine the requirements for professional services needed for 2021-2024 Capital Improvement Projects.
13. Ratify the hiring of Attorney David Z. Conoly, P.C. to represent Nueces County regarding the purchase of a road easement and right-of-way near the Suburban Acres subdivision; approve engagement letter; and related matters.
14. Discuss and consider start time for Commissioner Court meetings for remainder of 2021 calendar year.
1. Discuss and consider funding source for replacement of courthouse access control system; Discuss and consider approving Texas DIR CPO-4494 proposal from Knight Security Systems.
1. Discuss and award IFB No. 3179-21 Copy Paper, NCR Paper and Envelopes.
2. Discuss and award IFB No. 3180-21 Aggregate Type PB Grade 4S, LRA.
3. Discuss and award RFQ 3167-21 Engineering Services for Nueces County Regional Drainage Master Plan Study.
4. Discuss and award RFQ 3168-21 Engineering Services for Nueces County Regional Drainage Master Plan Study (NCDD2).
1. Discuss and consider reclassifying one Deputy Constable III position to a Sergeant position in Constable 2 Office (#3820).
2. Discuss and consider reclassifying the Veterans Service Officer position in the Veterans Service Department (#1275) from a Pay Group 24 to a Pay Group 26 effective 10/2/2021.
3. Discuss and consider the position of Commissioners Court Manager, job description, and posting.
4. Discuss and consider deletion of the Principal Engineer position (pay group 42) in Road and Bridge Fund (#0120); Ratify creation of a Mechanical/Environmental Engineer position (pay group 40) in Road and Bridge Fund (#0120).
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Oct 18, 2021 Commissioners Court - Special Meeting