1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
1. Discuss the COVID-19 response, plans for COVID-19 testing, alternative care sites, Governor Orders, amended Orders, and activities related to area economic recovery; receive update from the Nueces County Emergency Operations Center.
G. Accept the following Minutes:
1. Discuss and consider approving order designating Wednesday as the day of the week that Court will meet in regular term for fiscal year 2021-2022, pursuant to Section 81.005 of the Texas Local Government Code.
2. Discuss and consider approval of Supplemental Agreement with John Breier for purposes of providing services to the Nueces County Industrial Commission AKA Nueces County Development Commission related to their Economic Development Mission in Nueces County.
3. Discuss and consider approval of Supplemental Agreement with Susan Roth, P.E., for engineering services related to drainage master planning, and related matters.
4. Discuss and consider the use of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) for purposes of Nueces County employee raises, including hazard/premium pay and other related matters.
5. Discuss and consider use and/or release of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funding for purposes of Environmental Enforcement Officers and/or Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) building supervisor(s) for the benefit or implementation of positions in the Department of Public Works.
6. Discuss ABM Energy Savings Performance Agreement; discuss and consider any amendment, including amendments to scope of work.
7. Discuss and consider ratifying agreement with Stonewater Properties for leased premises Suite 100 at Crossroads District Building containing approximately 13,096 square feet.
8. Discuss and consider authorizing TASB BuyBoard Contract No. 631-20 purchase with Pro-Tech Mechanical for HVAC repairs at RMB Fairgrounds.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 21 for Fiscal Year 2020-2021 to include Fund 14 for the Fairgrounds (#0141)and Sale of Assets, (#0142).
1. Discuss and consider the position of Commissioners Court Manager, job description, and posting.
3. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Sep 27, 2021 Commissioners Court - Special Meeting