A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
D. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. Discuss and consider the use of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) for purposes of Nueces County Employee Raises, including hazard pay and other related matters.
2. Discuss and consider approval of release of ARPA-related funds for the Attorney III, Attorney II, and Legal Assistant positions for County Attorney's Office for the Fiscal Year 2021-2022 to Auditor's Office.
3. Discuss ABM Energy Savings Performance Agreement; Discuss and consider any amendment, including amendments to scope of work.
4. Discuss and consider personal services contract(s) with Legislative Consultant(s), Hugo Berlanga, Joel Romo, and Patricia Shipton, including any renewal and/or amendments.
5. Discuss and consider personal services agreement with Reed Clay related to facilitating economic recovery and applying for any applicable federal/state programs.
1. Discuss and consider the position of Commissioners Court Manager, job description, and posting.
2. Discuss and consider approval of new job descriptions and posting of new Attorney III, Attorney II, and Legal Assistant positions for County Attorney's Office related to the release of ARPA-related funds.
3. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Sep 14, 2021 Commissioners Court - Special Meeting