1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
E. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
F. PUBLIC HEARING (Nueces County and Nueces County Hospital District budgets) The Commissioners Court will conduct a public hearing on the proposed 2021-2022 Nueces County and Nueces County Hospital District budgets. CLOSE PUBLIC HEARING RECONVENE MEETING
1. In recognition of the week of September 13-17 as National Disability Voter Registration Week.
2. In recognition of the month of September as Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.
1. Introduction of Interim Emergency Management Coordinator.
2. Discuss disaster preparedness and response, including matters related to COVID-19, Emergency Orders, severe weather, flooding, drainage, economic recovery, state and federal assistance, and infrastructure status, and other related matters.
I. Accept the following Minutes:
1. Beach Management Advisory Committee
2. Nueces County Special Task Unit of Adult Protective Services
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
C. Authorize payment of bills - special motions list dated September 08, 2021.
G. Authorize the Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District (CCNCPHD) to accept a grant contract amendment with the Texas General Land Office (GLO) to collect and analyze recreational beach water samples for the period of September 8, 2021 through August 31, 2022 and approve work order No. C992 in the amount not to exceed $127,000 for base water samples submitted, apportioned as $55.00 for base samples submitted; and $70.00 for repeat sampling required, for the period September 8, 2021 through August 31, 2022 and authorize the Director of the CCNCPHD to sign on behalf of Nueces County.
H. Authorize the Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District (CCNCPHD) to enter into a contract with the Department of State Health Services (DSHS) in the amount of $900,000.00 for the period September 8, 2021 through June 30, 2023 for activities to establish, expand, train and sustain public health workforce in support of Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) response; and to create and unfreeze a Sr. Project Manager (Grade 211) position; this position has been reviewed and approved by Human Resources and authorize the Director of the CCNCPHD, to sign on behalf of Nueces County.
I. Authorize the Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District (CCNCPHD) to enter into a contract with the Department of State Health Services (DSHS) in the amount of $500,000.00 for the period September 8, 2021 through May 31, 2023 for COVID-19 activities to ensure community engagement in targeted communities disproportionately impacted by COVID-19; and to create and unfreeze three Public Health Information Officers position; these positions have been reviewed and approved by Human Resources and authorize the Director of the CCNCPHD, to sign on behalf of Nueces County.
J. Authorize the Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District (CCNCPHD) to accept a grant amendment with the Department of State Health Services (DSHS) to provide funding for Public Health Emergency COVID-19 activities in the amount of $2,139,368.00; and authorize the Director of the Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District (CCNCPHD), to sign on behalf of Nueces County.
L. Authorize execution of a Certificate of Construction Completion for the IFB No. 3113-19 Banquete Booster Pump Station Cyndie Park II Project.
CC. Approve Potable Water Service Agreement with Water Control and Improvement District No. 3.
DD. Ratify approval of Second Emergency COVID-19 Supplemental Agreement with Global Spectrum, LP in support of a Rapid Infusion Center services provided at the Richard Borchard Fairgrounds.
EE. Ratify Fifth Amendment to Sublease agreement Christus Spohn Health System and Nueces County providing for additional suites in the Physician’s Plaza West building for COVID-19 operations.
FF. Ratify agreement between Nueces County and Christus Spohn Health System Corporation for COVID-19 Testing Staffing services.
HH. Authorize issuing written notice to Robstown Independent School District that Animal Pens at Showbarn site in Robstown will not be available for use in 2022.
II. Approve and accept donations (list attached) to the county in accordance with Local Governmental Code 81.032.
1. Receive overview and discuss permissible uses of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds under the final interim rules; discuss and consider project prioritization and allocation of ARPA funds, including new positions and/or reclassifications, and related matters.
2. Discuss and consider adoption of an Order approving the 2021 tax roll; setting the 2021 tax rates for Nueces County; and levying said tax rate against all taxable property in Nueces County for 2021.
3. Discuss and consider adopting an order rescinding prior year budget resolutions and orders.
4. Discuss and consider adoption of Orders and Resolutions related to the proposed 2021-2022 Nueces County Budget.
5. Discuss and consider adoption of the 2021-2022 Nueces County Budget.
6. Discuss and consider adoption of an Order approving the 2021 tax roll; setting the 2021 tax rate for the Nueces County Hospital District; and levying said tax rate against all taxable property in Nueces County for 2021.
7. Discuss and consider adoption of the 2021-2022 Nueces County Hospital District Budget.
8. Discuss and consider appointing Diana Munguia, as the Central Counting Station Manager, and Eric Gutierrez, as the Tabulation Supervisor for the upcoming Joint Constitutional Election on November 2, 2021.
10. Discuss and consider approving each Presiding Judge to hire up to two (2) poll workers for Election Day for the upcoming November 2, 2021 Joint Constitutional Election.
12. Receive update on Texas Windstorm Insurance Association (TWIA) activities, including premium rate increases.
13. Receive update on establishment of Colonia Self-Help Center in Nueces County pursuant to HB2893.
17. Discuss and consider approval of a Dune Protection Permit Exemption Amendment for a single family residence DPP-0420-01p located at 106 Beach View, Corpus Christi, TX.
19. Discuss and consider personal services contract(s) with Legislative Consultant(s), Hugo Berlanga, Joel Romo, and Patricia Shipton, including any renewal and/or amendments.
20. Discuss and consider personal services agreement with Reed Clay related to facilitating economic recovery and applying for any applicable federal/state programs.
23. Discuss and consider implementation of electronic voting and/or microphone control systems in the Nueces County Commissioners Court.
24. Discuss and consider giving the District Attorney's office immediate access to the report writing software which is utilized by the Nueces County Sheriff's Department.
25. Discuss and consider approval of Interlocal agreement between Nueces County and Nueces County Drainage District #2 with cleaning out CR 67 & 69 ditches and culvert maintenance (Petronila area) for proper storm water flow and alleviate flooding.
26. Discuss and consider acceptance of settlement related to AT&T Account # ending in 150; Dispute Tracking Number: 5361957.
28. Discuss and consider approval of overtime pursuant to County policy for essential exempt employees during declared disasters as it relates to COVID-19, and storm preparedness and response; severe weather preparedness and response; in addition, authorize payment of overtime to essential exempt City County Health District Employees.
29. Discuss and consider adopting an Order prohibiting outdoor burning in the unincorporated areas of Nueces County, pursuant to Section 352.081 of the Texas Local Government Code.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 20 for Fiscal Year 2020-2021.
2. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 99.
3. Authorize and approve removal of fixed assets that are no longer located in the departments.
1. Discuss and consider creating a Criminal Investigator - Interdiction Unit position (Group 24/Step 1) in Department 1328 (Chapter 59); Discuss and consider supplement for position of $10,000.00.
2. Discuss and consider the position of Commissioners Court Manager, job description, and posting.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Sep 08, 2021 Commissioners Court - Regular