1. CALL TO ORDER
A. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
B. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
1. Discuss potential legal issues related to the contract with ABM Bundled Energy Solutions Project Agreement; Discuss and consider options available to the Court regarding work not yet performed.
2. Discuss SB6/HB12 related to bail bond reform, including any potential county budget impacts; Discuss and consider supporting amendments to SB6/HB12 that would reduce county financial burden.
3. Receive overview and discuss permissible uses of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds under the final interim rules; discuss and consider project prioritization and allocation of ARPA funds, including new positions and/or reclassifications, and related matters.
1. Discuss and consider the submission of an Initial Recovery Plan to the United States Department of Treasury in relation to the American Rescue Plan Act Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Fund.
1. Discuss and award RFQ No. 3172-21 Legal Counsel to assist with redistricting process in Nueces County.
1. Discuss and consider funding Dept. 2001 Other Victim Assistance Grants (OVAG) Victim Assistance – 2 temporary positions of 29 hours a week, for the month of September 2021.
2. Discuss and consider funding for Dept. 2001 Other Victim Assistance Grants (OVAG) Victim Assistance – 2 temporary positions of 29 hours a week, for FY 21/22 or until the grant can be renewed.
3. Discuss and consider paying, without reducing the sick leave, vacation, compensatory, or any other paid leave balance in connection with quarantine leave, to any member of the Nueces County Collective Bargaining Unit Quarantine Leave when ordered by a supervisor or a health authority to quarantine or isolate due to a possible or known exposure to a communicable disease while on duty-effective dating back to June 15, 2021.
3. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Aug 30, 2021 Commissioners Court - Special Meeting