1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
E. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. 101st Celebration of the passing of 19th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution (Right for Women to Vote).
1. Randy Bates, Department of Public Works, retiring after 40 years of service to Nueces County.
1. Discuss disaster preparedness and response, including matters related to COVID-19, Emergency Orders, severe weather, flooding, drainage, economic recovery, state and federal assistance, and infrastructure status, and other related matters.
I. Accept the following Minutes:
1. Nueces Center for Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
D. Approve Amendment to Tax Reinvestment Zone (TIRZ) No. 2 Interlocal Agreement with City of Corpus Christi correcting typographical error.
H. Approve Third Amendment to Contract with BCFS Health and Human Services for Incident Management Team Supplementation services related to support of COVID-19 vaccination operations.
1. Discuss issues related to Nueces County Animal Care Services, including its autonomy, policies, operating procedures, and best practices.
2. Receive a report from third party reviewer on the Johnson Controls Inc., Phase I and Phase II Energy Savings Performance Contracts.
3. Receive update on Energy Savings Performance Contract with ABM Building Services, LLC for Capital Improvement Program (CIP).
4. Receive overview and discuss permissible uses of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds under the final interim rules; discuss and consider project prioritization and allocation of ARPA funds.
5. Discuss and consider establishing the early voting polling locations for the state constitutional amendment election on November 2, 2021.
6. Discuss and consider approval of election day vote centers for the state constitutional amendment election on November 2, 2021.
7. Discuss and consider adoption of Order of Special Election for the state constitutional amendment election on November 2, 2021.
8. Discuss and consider appointment of election judges and apportionment of election judges for voting centers per commissioner precinct pursuant to Section 32.002 of the Texas Election Code.
9. Discuss recent COVID-19 related orders and recommendations; discuss and consider taking any action, approving policies, and/or adopting any resolutions or Orders authorized by law related to county facilities, county employees, citizens, and visitors of Nueces County regarding COVID-19.
10. Discuss and consider approval of overtime pursuant to County policy for essential exempt employees during declared disasters as it relates to COVID-19, and storm preparedness and response; severe weather preparedness and response; in addition, authorize payment of overtime to essential exempt City County Health District Employees.
1. Discuss and consider jail population and Nueces County housing of prisoners out of county through interlocal agreements, including matters related to 2021-2022 budget.
1. Receive third quarter report from Nueces County Engineer regarding Public Work activities, including drainage, flood management, and roads.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 19 for Fiscal Year 2020-2021.
2. Approve Monthly Financial Report for the month of May 2021.
3. Discuss and consider insurance premium rates for Health, Life, and ancillary services for the 2021-2022 fiscal year.
1. Discuss and consider adding car allowance of $96.15 per pay period for the Director of Mental Health Programs from effective date of hire, March 22, 2021.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
A. Discuss, consider and take action regarding claim and settlement demand of Frontier Communications and related matters.
D. Consult with County Attorney on legal matters related to Energy Savings Performance Contract with ABM Building Services, LLC for Capital Improvement Program (CIP), and equipment lease/purchase agreement with Banc of America Public Capital Corp.
E. Consult with County Attorney regarding health insurance and workers compensation law for law enforcement employees potentially injured during the course of their normal duty; discuss and consider payment of any outstanding claims.
Aug 16, 2021 Commissioners Court - Special Meeting