A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
E. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. In support of the local Turtle Release Program.
1. Announcement of August 2021 Employee of the Month.
1. Discuss disaster preparedness and response, including matters related to COVID-19, Emergency Orders, severe weather, flooding, drainage, economic recovery, state and federal assistance, and infrastructure status, and other related matters.
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
1. Discuss and consider interlocal agreement with City of Corpus Christi, San Patricio County, Port of Corpus Christi Authority, and Port Industries of Corpus Christi regarding the Coastal Bend Bays & Estuaries Program.
2. Receive updated calculations of the no-new revenue tax rate, the voter-approval tax rate and the fund balances for Nueces County, Nueces County Farm to Market, and Nueces County Hospital District for 2021; Discuss and consider updated proposal for 2021-2022 tax rate for Nueces County, NC Farm to Market, and NC Hospital District based on the 2020/2021 supplement 1 certified totals received from the Appraisal District. Commissioners Court must take a record vote and authorize publishing appropriate notices.
1. Discuss and consider execution of a Donation Agreement with Cypress Point Capital, LLC to construct a portion of CR 43 from FM-2444 to 1700' South. CR 43 is in Commissioners Precinct No. 4.
2. Discuss and consider approval of a Supplemental Agreement No. 1 between Nueces County and Advanced Construction Management, LLC. for the Nueces County 2019 CIP Road Rehabilitation Project – County Road 22 and County Road 49 Project.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Aug 11, 2021 Commissioners Court - Regular