A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
E. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. In recognition of London ISD Baseball Team for a historic 2021 Season.
2. In recognition of the Parker Pool Lifeguards.
3. In recognition of Mark Wagner, former Deputy to the Commander of Corpus Christi Army Depot (CCAD).
1. Announcement of August 2021 Employee of the Month.
2. Government Finance Officers Association - Distinguished Budget Presentation Award - Fiscal Year beginning October 1, 2020.
1. Discuss disaster preparedness and response, including matters related to COVID-19, Emergency Orders, severe weather, flooding, drainage, economic recovery, state and federal assistance, and infrastructure status, and other related matters.
I. Accept the following Minutes:
1. Announcement by County Judge of Appointments to the Nueces County Industrial Commission aka Nueces County Development Commission, pursuant to Chapter 381 of the Texas Local Government Code.
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
D. Authorize payment of bills - group health insurance claims and fees by Boon Chapman dated July 13 and 20, 2021.
H. Ratify the submission of a grant application to the Texas Bar Foundation for the Nueces County Law Library.
I. Ratify the execution of Amendment No. 1 to a grant agreement with the Texas Department of Agriculture for the 2021 Texans Feeding Texans: Home-Delivered Meals Grant Program.
J. Approve Amendment to Short Term License Agreement with Corpus Christi Retail Venture LP for space at La Palmera mall related to COVID-19 vaccination operations.
M. Rescind Facilities Sales Agreement with AEP Texas related to County Jail Annex generator project approved on June 23, 2021; Ratify Facilities Sales Agreement with AEP Texas related to County Jail Annex generator project with effective date of July 30, 2021.
N. Approve interlocal agreement between City of Corpus Christi-Nueces County Public Health District, Nueces County and the University of Michigan regarding provision of office space for the BASIC-Cognitive Project.
1. Receive presentation from the Coastal Bend Food Bank.
2. Receive presentation from the University of Michigan regarding Brain Attack Surveillance in Corpus Christi-Cognitive Project (BASIC-Cognitive), a Health District and University of Michigan work-study research partnership.
3. Discuss and consider Memorandum of Understanding with Military VIP, Inc. related to Field of Honor event to be held at the Richard Borchard Regional Fairgrounds.
4. Discuss and consider approval of BCFS Incident Management Team Response Services Contract, in the event of a disaster to support response operations in Nueces County.
5. Discuss and award CSP 3166-21 Nueces County ADA Interior Improvements.
6. Receive calculations of the no-new revenue tax rate, the voter-approval tax rate and the fund balances for Nueces County, Nueces County Farm to Market, and Nueces County Hospital District for 2021.
7. Discuss and consider funding related to agreement between Nueces County and Dispute Resolution Services previously approved May 29, 1996.
9. Discuss and consider termination of interlocal agreement for Medical Examiner Services with Wilson County, Texas, and other matters.
10. Discuss Commissioners Court agenda development procedures.
12. Discuss recent COVID-19 related orders and recommendations; discuss and consider taking any action, approving policies, and/or adopting any resolutions or Orders authorized by law related to county facilities, county employees, citizens, and visitors of Nueces County regarding COVID-19.
13. Discuss and consider approval of overtime pursuant to County policy for essential exempt employees during declared disasters as it relates to COVID-19, and storm preparedness and response; severe weather preparedness and response; in addition, authorize payment of overtime to essential exempt City County Health District Employees.
1. Receive report and presentation from Armko, Industries, Inc. regarding roof survey for Nueces County Courthouse, Old Jail and New Jail Facilities.
2. Discuss and consider approval of a Supplemental Agreement No. 2 between Nueces County and Hanson Professional Services for the Nueces County 2019 CIP Road Rehabilitation Project – County Road 67 Project.
3. Discuss and consider approval of a Supplemental Agreement No. 2 between Nueces County and Ardurra for the Nueces County 2019 CIP Road Rehabilitation Project – County Road 67 Project.
4. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 1 for the Nueces County Roadway Rehabilitation Projects County Road 73, County Road 67, County Road 48 & County Road 69.
5. Discuss and consider approval of a Supplemental Agreement No. 2 between Nueces County and Freese and Nichols, Inc. for the Nueces County 2019 CIP Road Rehabilitation Project–County Road 73 Project.
6. Discuss and consider approval of a Supplemental Agreement No. 2 between Nueces County and Hanson Professional Services for the Nueces County 2019 CIP Road Rehabilitation Project – County Road 69 Project.
1. Discuss and award RFP No. 3160-21 Nueces County Employees Group Health Plan.
2. Discuss and award IFB No. 3163-21 Bulk Diesel & Unleaded Fuel.
3. Discuss and award RFP 3165-21 Alcohol, Controlled Substances & Specimen Testing Program.
4. Discuss and award RFP No. 3173-21 Grant Application Development, Grant Administration, and Project Management for FEMA Competitive Grants.
5. Discuss and award IFB No. 3164-21 for Motor Oil and Lubricants.
6. Discuss and consider approval of method of procurement (construction manager-at-risk) for Nueces County Courthouse ADA Interior Improvements; authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice; and adopt an order delegating evaluation authority to a selection committee.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 18 for Fiscal Year 2020-2021.
2. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 98.
3. Approve Monthly Financial Report for the month of April 2021.
1. Discuss and consider creation and unfreeze of Accounts Payable Supervisor in the County Auditor's office.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Aug 04, 2021 Commissioners Court - Regular