1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
E. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. In recognition of Julia Gilliam, 2021 Student Heroes Award for State Board of Education (SBOE) District 2.
2. In recognition of the 90th Anniversary of the Hi-Fairnessee Girls Club.
3. In recognition of the month of June 2021 as LGBTQIA+ Pride Month.
4. In opposition to Texas Windstorm Insurance Association (TWIA) Rate Increases.
1. Recognizing the Nueces County Historical Commission for the 2020 Distinguished Service Award as presented by the Texas Historical Commission for its active and well-balanced preservation program.
H. GENERAL INFORMATION REPORTS:
2. Discuss Hurricane and Tropical Storm recovery, including items related to Bob Hall Pier, parking lots, roads, drainage, debris removal, other infrastructure; receive update and reports, including Disaster Summary Outlines and Dune Surveys from consultants, Court members, and staff.
1. Coastal Bend Council of Governments
2. Announcement by County Judge of appointment to the Coastal Bend Workforce Development Board.
3. Announcement by County Judge of appointment to the Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) Fare Committee.
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
H. Authorize sole source purchase with Justice AV Solutions (JAVS) for videoconferencing upgrades for 13th Court of Appeals courtroom and Judge's chambers.
1. Receive update on 87th Texas Legislative Session.
2. Receive presentation from Coastal Bend Regional Advisory Council related to the Stop the Bleed campaign.
3. Receive update from Workforce Solutions of the Coastal Bend regarding foster care services in Nueces County.
4. Receive update on Metrocom activities, including budget requests.
5. Discuss and consider approval of a Memorandum of Understanding with the Food Bank of Corpus Christi for the benefit of the Keach Family Library and Bishop Branch Library relating to making the Food Bank's Backpack program available to all participating in the 2021 Summer Library Programs.
6. Discuss and consider Interlocal Cooperation Agreement with the General Land Office, the Veterans Land Board for management and operation services for the Coastal Bend State Veterans Cemetery.
7. Discuss and consider submission of written comments to the Texas Health and Human Services Commission supporting the extension of the Medicaid 1115 Transformation Waiver to prolong protection of the local and state health care safety net.
8. Discuss and consider approval of letter of intent with ABM Building Services, LLC for purposes of Capital Improvement Projects, including Courthouse and Jail Generators, and related matters.
9. Discuss and consider approval of Facilities Sales Agreement with AEP Texas related to County Courthouse Generator Project; discuss and consider approval of Facilities Sales Agreement with AEP Texas related to County Jail Annex generator project.
10. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 2 for the ABM Energy Savings Performance Agreement, related to various improvements to the Richard M. Borchard Fairgrounds Facilities.
11. Discuss and consider Supplement Agreement with Global Spectrum, L.P. regarding Richard M. Borchard Regional Fairgrounds facility (ballroom) maintenance.
12. Receive presentation on Hazel Bazemore Dog Park and related matters.
13. Discuss and consider termination of contract with Wheaton Engineering and Environmental Science, L.L.C. for Hazel Bazemore Dog Park.
14. Discuss and consider termination of contract with ABM for Hazel Bazemore Dog Park.
15. Discuss and consider Architectural and Engineering Services for Hazel Bazemore Park.
16. Discuss Commissioners Court agenda development procedures.
17. Discuss and consider Interlocal Cooperation Agreement with City of Corpus Christi providing for La Palmera Mall COVID-19 vaccination site cost sharing.
18. Discuss and consider approval of overtime pursuant to County policy for essential exempt employees during declared disasters as it relates to COVID-19, and storm preparedness and response; severe weather preparedness and response; in addition, authorize payment of overtime to essential exempt City County Health District Employees.
1. Ratify the acceptance of a Notice of Grant Award from the Texas Veterans Commission Fund for Veterans' Assistance for the Veterans Treatment Court Grant.
1. Approve the Certificate of Substantial Completion for IFB No. 3100-19 Hazel Bazemore Park Boat Ramp Rehabilitation Project Phase II.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 15 for Fiscal Year 2020-2021.
1. Discuss and consider creating a new position, Public Information Officer (PIO), Pay Group 28, in Department #1121, Commissioners Court Management Support.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
F. Consult with County Attorney on legal matters related to Engineering Services Agreement with Wheaton Engineering and Environmental Services, LLC.
G. Consult with County Attorney on Hazel Bazemore Dog Park Agreement with ABM.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Jun 23, 2021 Commissioners Court - Regular