1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
E. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. In recognition of Joe Gazin's outstanding career in South Texas.
2. In recognition of Troivonie Garcia from Duke It Out Boxing Club being ranked #5 in the Nation.
3. In recognition of the Calallen High School Ladycats soccer team for their successful season.
4. In recognition of the month of June 2021 as Elder Abuse Awareness Month.
5. In honor of fallen Veterans-Memorial Day 2021.
6. In recognition of the 2021 Juneteenth for the Crest Festival.
1. Discuss the COVID-19 response, plans for COVID-19 testing, vaccinations, alternative care sites, Governor Orders, Supreme Court Orders, amended Orders, and activities related to are economic recovery; receive update from the Nueces County Emergency Operations Center.
2. Discuss Hurricane and Tropical Storm recovery, including items related to Bob Hall Pier, parking lots, roads, drainage, debris removal, other infrastructure; receive update and reports, including Disaster Summary Outlines and Dune Surveys from consultants, Court members, and staff.
4. Discuss and consider May 2021 Flooding and Rain Events recovery; receive update from Emergency Management department, staff; and related matters.
1. South Texas Water Authority
2. Announcement by County Judge of appointment to the Coastal Bend Workforce Development Board.
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
C. Authorize payment of bills - special motions list dated June 09, 2021.
I. Ratify emergency purchase with Kocurek Land Improvement, Inc. for water deliveries to local hospitals in response to Winter Storm Uri event.
1. Receive update on Texas Supreme Court Orders related to COVID-19.
2. Receive an update from Coastal Parks on the progress of the I.B. Magee Multipurpose Building and associated known cost overruns and those yet to be determined.
3. Discuss and consider the selection of Terracon Consultants for specialized testing for the I.B. Magee Multipurpose Building and approve personal services contract.
4. Discuss and consider the approval of Change Order No. 2 from Geofill Construction for the Horace Caldwell Pier Observation Deck.
5. Receive presentation from the Corpus Christi Regional Transportation Authority (CCRTA) on the "Year in Review" and upcoming projects.
6. Discuss and consider Office Lease Agreement between Nueces County and the Corpus Christi Regional Transportation Authority for continued housing of the County Human Services Office and the County Veterans Service Office in the RTA Staples Street Service Center, and related matters.
7. Discuss and consider funding source for Supplemental Agreement between Global Spectrum, L.P., d/b/a Spectra Venue Management regarding management of Nueces County Regional Fairgrounds relating to Innovate Readiness Training mission operations.
8. Receive presentation on Hazel Bazemore Dog Park and related matters.
9. Discuss and consider authorizing GSA Contract No. GS-35F-275AA purchase with KOFILE Technologies, Inc. for the conversion of jacketed microfilm of Child Support Payment History to digital images and the archival digitization for Sealed Adoptions for the Nueces County District Clerk's Office.
12. Discuss and consider approving changes to the Nueces County Investment Policy.
13. Discuss and consider Supplemental Agreement with Pruitt Consulting, Inc. for continuation of services as Independent Licensed Architect (ILA), in accordance with the U.S. Department of Justice ADA Settlement Agreement for Project Civic Access.
14. Discuss and consider approval of procurement method (request for qualifications) for legal counsel to assist with redistricting process in Nueces County; authorize the County Purchasing Agent to publish a notice; and adopt an order delegating evaluation authority to a selection committee.
15. Discuss and consider agreement between Nueces County and Coastal Bend Air Quality Partnership for services related to protection of the coastal bend air quality and related matters.
16. Discuss and consider approval of Facilities Sales Agreement with AEP Texas related to County Courthouse Generator Project; discuss and consider approval of Facilities Sales Agreement with AEP Texas related to County Jail Annex generator project.
17. Discuss and consider approval of overtime pursuant to County policy for essential exempt employees during declared disasters as it relates to COVID-19, and storm preparedness and response; severe weather preparedness and response; in addition, authorize payment of overtime to essential exempt City County Health District Employees.
1. Receive an update on the Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) Flood Infrastructure Fund (FIF) Regional Drainage Master Plan Study project; authorize execution of related grant award documents.
2. Approve an application to the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs for the Nueces County Family Drug Court program.
3. Discuss and consider authorizing staff to work with City of Corpus Christi regarding administration of Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) funds.
1. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 1 for the Nueces County Roadway Rehabilitation Projects County Road 22 and County Road 49.
2. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 1 for the ABM Energy Savings Performance Agreement.
1. Discuss and consider authorizing the lease of fifty-five (55) fleet vehicles from Enterprise Fleet Management, Inc.
1. Approve Monthly Financial Report for the month of February 2021.
2. Approve Budget Change Order No. 14 for Fiscal Year 2020-2021.
3. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 97.
1. Discuss and consider creating a new position, Public Information Officer (PIO), Pay Group 28, in Department #1121, Commissioners Court Management Support.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed anywhere on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. To the extent there has been a past practice of distinguishing items for public deliberation and those for executive session, the public is advised that the Court is departing from that practice, and reserves the right to discuss any listed agenda items in executive session when authorized by law to do so. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Jun 09, 2021 Commissioners Court - Regular