1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
E. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. In memory of Hector Salinas Jr. (March 3, 1945 - April 30, 2021).
2. In recognition of Commander Eric W. Hass, United States Navy.
3. Proclamation of May 8, 2021 as "Robert Batterson Day."
4. In recognition of the Port Aransas High School Boys Basketball Team for their successful 2020-2021 season.
5. In recognition of the Port Aransas High School Marlins Track Team.
6. In recognition of the Port Aransas High School Varsity Boys Golf team for their outstanding 2020-2021 season.
7. In recognition of the Port Aransas High School Tennis Team.
8. In support of H.R.2372/S.952 - relating to benefits for war fighters exposed to burn pits and other toxins.
9. In recognition of the Calallen High School Ladycats soccer team for their successful season.
10. In recognition of the London Boys Basketball Program.
11. In recognition of Flour Bluff High School Baseball Coach, Ron Weikum, retiring after 39 years of service.
12. In recognition of the month of May 2021, as Foster Care Month.
13. In recognition of May 20th, as National Stop the Bleed Day.
14. In recognition of May 2nd through May 8th, 2021, as National Correctional Officers and Employees Week.
15. In recognition of Disabled Americans Veterans - Memorial Day 2021.
16. In recognition of the Coastal Bend State Veterans Cemetery Memorial Service Detachment Honor Guard team.
1. Discuss the COVID-19 response, plans for COVID-19 testing, alternative care sites, Governor Orders, amended Orders, and activities related to are economic recovery; receive update from the Nueces County Emergency Operations Center.
2. Discuss Hurricane and Tropical Storm recovery, including items related to Bob Hall Pier, parking lots, roads, drainage, debris removal, other infrastructure; receive update and reports, including Disaster Summary Outlines and Dune Surveys from consultants, Court members, and staff.
3. Discuss Severe Weather Recovery, Disaster Declarations, Utility, Electricity, and Water Supply, reports from Emergency Operations, and other staff, and related matters.
I. BOARD APPOINTMENTS:
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
H. Authorize execution of agreement with ABM Industry Groups, LLC for IFB No. 3148-20 Janitorial Services.
J. Approve a finding for the method of procurement (request for competitive bids) for Courthouse and Jail Emergency Generator Infrastructure Construction; and authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice.
K. Approve a finding for the method of procurement (request for competitive bids) for Jail Annex Emergency Generator Infrastructure Construction; and authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice.
L. Approve a method of procurement (request for competitive sealed proposals) for courthouse interior ADA improvements; authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice; and adopt an order delegating evaluation authority to a selection committee.
M. Approve a finding for the method of procurement (request for qualifications) for engineering services a licensed professional Engineering firm for engineering services for the Nueces County Regional Drainage Master Plan Study - Nueces County Drainage District No. 2 (NCDD2) Service Area, which includes grant funding from the Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) Flood Infrastructure Fund Program; authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice; and adopt an order delegating evaluation authority to a selection committee.
W. Approve Second Amendment to Contract with BCFS Health and Human Services for Incident Management Team Supplementation services related to support of COVID-19 vaccination operations.
AA. Authorize termination of Nueces County Community Care Clinic Health Services Agreement with Amistad Community Health Center; effective April 30, 2021.
1. Discuss and consider amending and extending expiration date of March 17th Order by Nueces County Commissioners Court Regarding the Use of Face Coverings and COVID-19 Policies in the Courthouse, Fairgrounds, and Nueces County Operated Facilities or taking any action, approving policies, and/or adopting any resolutions or Orders authorized by law related to county employees, including working remotely, citizens, and visitors of Nueces County regarding COVID-19, Coronavirus, to include any Orders related to the Richard M. Borchard Regional Fairgrounds.
2. Discuss and consider hiring of attorneys Jose Garza and Rolando Rios to assist with redistricting of Commissioner and Voting Precincts in Nueces County.
3. Discuss and consider Interlocal Cooperation Agreement with the General Land Office, the Veterans Land Board for management and operation services for the Coastal Bend State Veterans Cemetery.
4. Discuss and consider selection of Hansen Engineering to complete design work for ADA accessible parking, ramp and pathway to the new Horace Caldwell Pier Observation Deck; and approve contract.
5. Discuss and consider approval of Work Authorization No. 5 with Lockwood, Andrews & Newman, Inc., related to Program Management Services for the Bob Hall Pier project.
6. Discuss and consider approval of Supplemental Agreement No. 3 to Engineering Services Contract between Nueces County and Lockwood, Andrews & Newman, Inc. regarding additional services related to ABM Energy Savings Services Contract.
8. Discuss and consider approval of Contribution-In-Aid-Construction Agreement with AEP Texas for Electric Distribution related to the County Courthouse generator project; Discuss and consider approval of Contribution-In-Aid-Construction Agreement with AEP Texas for Electric Distribution related to the County Jail Annex generator project.
9. Discuss and consider approval of Facilities Sales Agreement with AEP Texas related to County Courthouse Generator Project; discuss and consider approval of Facilities Sales Agreement with AEP Texas related to County Jail Annex generator project.
10. Discuss and consider approving interlocal agreement for Medical Examiner Services with Wilson County, and related matters.
11. Discuss and consider allocation of the Family Protection Fee Fund to the following agencies: Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA), Children's Advocacy Center of the Coastal Bend, Family Counseling Service, Nueces County CPS Community Partners Board, The ARK Assessment Center & Emergency Shelter and The Purple Door; Approve FY20/21 Family Protection Fee Contracts.
12. Discuss and consider the authorization of premiums for a one-year policy term for Property and Casualty Insurance, per Broker of Record.
13. Discuss and consider authorizing a two-year extension to the County Bank Depository Agreement and the County & District Clerk Court & Registry Funds Bank Depository Agreement with Frost Bank pursuant to Texas Local Government Code 116.021 and 117.021; and related matters.
14. Receive 87th Regular Legislative Session update: a. SB 780 - relating to the authority of a local government to enter into an intergovernmental support agreement with a branch of the armed forces of the United States b. HB 2893 - relating to the establishment by the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs of colonia self-help centers in certain counties and to the representation of those counties on the Colonia Resident Advisory Committee
15. Discuss and consider Supplemental Agreement between Global Spectrum, L.P., d/b/a Spectra Venue Management regarding management of Nueces County Regional Fairgrounds relating to Innovate Readiness Training mission operations.
16. Discuss and approve Memorandum of Understanding for services with Texas A&M University – Colonias Program regarding Innovative Readiness Training Submittals.
17. Discuss and consider rescinding Amendment No. 1 to the Interlocal Agreement with the City of Corpus Christi related to Parker Pool as approved on July 29, 2020; discuss and consider updated Amendment No. 1 to the Interlocal Agreement with the City of Corpus Christi related to Parker Pool for purposes of providing a general public swim program.
18. Receive a report from the Nueces County Auditor, Grants Administrator, Hagerty Consulting, Inc. and Emergency Management on COVID-19, Winter Storm Uri, and Hurricane Hanna response expenses and reimbursements to date.
19. Receive update on the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) 2021, legislation related to COVID-19 pandemic recovery; discuss and consider administration of ARPA Funds.
20. Discuss and consider the execution of an award and terms and conditions with the United States Department of the Treasury related to the Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds, authorized under the American Rescue Plan Act.
21. Receive update on design for the Hazel Bazemore Dog Park Project.
22. Discuss River Acres Water Supply Corporation Waterline Project’s construction activities and obligations, if any, in Broad Acres, First Colony, and Quail Valley areas.
23. Discuss and consider the course of action related to county property located at 430 N. Alister, Port Aransas, Texas.
24. Discuss and consider approval of overtime pursuant to County policy for essential exempt employees during declared disasters as it relates to COVID-19, and storm preparedness and response; severe weather preparedness and response; in addition, authorize payment of overtime to essential exempt City County Health District Employees.
1. Discuss and consider allowing county staff to initiate process of renaming Bernice Drive - Nueces County to Bernice Lane - Nueces County.
2. Discuss and consider the approval of Certificate of Substantial Completion for the IFB: 3126-20 McKenzie Evidence Storage Room Improvements completed by NEX Construction Inc.
3. Discuss and consider approval of (1) the plat of Indian Flats Phase 1, (2) the Subdivision Construction Agreement for the subdivision and (3) Bonds for water wells and septic systems.
1. Discuss and award RFQ No. 3152-21 Engineering Services for Rebuilding Bob Hall Pier.
1. Approve Monthly Financial Report for the month of February 2021.
2. Approve Budget Change Order No. 13 for Fiscal Year 2020-2021.
3. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 96.
1. Recommend to the Civil Service Commission to ratify the suspension of the maximum accrual of vacation hours under the rule of 4.21 of the Civil Service Policy Manual for the fiscal year 2020-2021 due to work interruption by COVID-19.
2. Discuss and consider creating a new position, Pathologist Assistant (pay group 40) in Department 3890-Medical Examiner.
3. Discuss and consider creating a position, Deputy Director of Mental Health Programs, Pay Group 30, in Department 3094-Mental Health Services to be fully-funded by the Nueces County Hospital District.
4. Discuss and consider creating a position, Administrative Secretary II, Pay Group 19, in Department 3094-Mental Health Services to be fully-funded by the Nueces County Hospital District.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
C. Approve Settlement of Claim of Raul Flores for $209.44 in full and final settlement of his property damage claim and authorize issuance of a check in that amount.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
May 19, 2021 Commissioners Court - Regular