1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
E. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. In recognition of the 2020-2021 Incarnate Word Academy Girls Basketball Team for their successful season.
2. In recognition of the Flour Bluff High School Swim Team.
3. Recognizing the month of April 2021, as Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month.
4. Recognizing the month of May 2021, as Fair Housing Month.
1. Introduction of Chief Deputy, David Cook, Nueces County Sheriff's Office.
2. Discuss the COVID-19 response, plans for COVID-19 testing, alternative care sites, Governor Orders, amended Orders, and activities related to are economic recovery; receive update from the Nueces County Emergency Operations Center.
3. Discuss Hurricane and Tropical Storm recovery, including items related to Bob Hall Pier, parking lots, roads, drainage, debris removal, other infrastructure; receive update and reports, including Disaster Summary Outlines and Dune Surveys from consultants, Court members, and staff.
4. Discuss Severe Weather Recovery, Disaster Declarations, Utility, Electricity, and Water Supply, reports from Emergency Operations, and other staff, and related matters.
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
M. Receive a Statement of Grant Award from the Texas Indigent Defense Commission for the FY2021 Formula Grant Program.
Q. Ratify approval of lease agreement between Nueces County and ERF Tower II, Inc. for office space related to COVID-19 administrative operations.
R. Approve First Amendment to Contract with BCFS Health and Human Services for Incident Management Team Supplementation services related to support of COVID-19 vaccination operations.
1. Receive presentation from Dr. Jianhong-Jennifer Ren, Ph.D., P.E. of Texas A&M-Kingsville and her design students on evaluating and analyzing the sewer distribution and wastewater collection system for Banquete, Texas, as it relates to water quality for the creeks and watershed.
2. Receive presentation on redistricting from Jose Garza and Rolando Rios.
3. Receive presentation from Juanita Baldwin, member of the External Relations Team at the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, for their Summer Internship Program; discuss and consider completing the Sponsorship Request Form on behalf of County Departments who wish to participate.
6. Receive Texas Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) Authority 2020 Annual Report.
7. Receive update from Animal Services Advisory Committee.
8. Receive a presentation from ABM on the Hazel Bazemore Dog Park and Richard M. Borchard Regional Fairgrounds Projects.
9. Discuss and consider Amendment No. 1 to the Interlocal Agreement with the City of Corpus Christi related to Parker Pool for purposes of providing a general public swim program.
10. Receive Armor Correctional Health Services, Inc., update of medical services provided at the Nueces County Jail and program status.
16. Receive information from Hagerty Consulting regarding the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) and related matters.
17. Receive a report from the Nueces County Auditor, Grants Administrator, Hagerty Consulting, Inc. and Emergency Management on COVID-19, Winter Storm Uri, and Hurricane Hanna response expenses and reimbursements to date.
1. Discuss and consider selection of LBL Architects, Inc. d/b/a Shelter Planners of America to provide architectural services for the design of the Nueces County Animal Care Services Facility.
1. Discuss and award RFP No. 3157-21 Richard M. Borchard Regional Fairgrounds Farm Lease.
1. Receive presentation of the 2019-2020 Annual Financial Report to the court by Dale Atchley, Nueces County Auditor.
2. Approve Monthly Financial Report for the month of January 2021.
3. Approve Budget Change Order No. 12 for Fiscal Year 2020-2021.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
B. Consult with the County Attorney on Case No. 2:20-CV-00047, Armin Lopez, Jr. v. Nueces County, Texas; In the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas; approve settlement of case and related matters.
Apr 28, 2021 Commissioners Court - Regular