1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
E. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. Discuss the COVID-19 response, plans for COVID-19 testing, alternative care sites, Governor Orders, amended Orders, and activities related to area economic recovery; receive update from the Nueces County Emergency Operations Center.
2. Discuss Hurricane and Tropical Storm recovery, including items related to Bob Hall Pier, parking lots, roads, drainage, debris removal, other infrastructure; receive update and reports, including Disaster Summary Outlines and Dune Surveys from consultants, Court members, and staff.
3. Discuss Severe Weather Recovery, Disaster Declarations, Utility, Electricity, and Water Supply, reports from Emergency Operations, and other staff, and related matters.
G. Accept the following Minutes:
1. Proclamation for National Social Worker Month - March 2021
2. Proclamation for Teen Dating Violence Prevention Month - February 2021
1. Nueces County Bail Bond Board
2. Coastal Bend Council of Governments
3. Nueces Center for Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities.
4. Nueces County Board of Coastal Parks Commissioners.
5. Announcement by Judge of Appointments to the Nueces County Industrial Commission aka Nueces County Development Commission, pursuant to Chapter 381 of the Texas Local Government Code.
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
A. Authorize payment of bills - regular bill summaries dated February 19, 2021, February 25, 2021, and February 26, 2021.
B. Authorize payment of bills - manual check registers dated February 18, 2021, to March 01, 2021.
C. Authorize payment of bills - special motions list dated March 10, 2021.
H. Approve the following "Outside Agency" Contracts for FY 2020-2021: 1. Burn Pits 360 - Total - $1,300 Commissioner Pct. 1 - $300; Commissioner Pct. 3 - $1,000 2. Duke It Out Boxing Club - Total - $1,300 Commissioner Pct. 1 - $500; Commissioner Pct. 2 - $800 3. Nueces County Junior Live Stock Show - Total - $1,500 Commissioner Pct. 1 - $1000; Commissioner Pct. 4 - $500 4. Padre Island Business Association - Commissioner Pct. 4 - $3,500 5. Port Aransas Chamber of Commerce - Commissioner Pct. 4 - $3,500 6. Robstown Area Historical Museum - Total - $2,000 Commissioner Pct. 1 - $500; Commissioner Pct. 3 - $1,500 7. South Coastal Area Health Education Center (SCAHEC) - Total - $10,000 Commissioner Pct. 2 - $4,000; Commissioner Pct. 3 - $2,500; Commissioner Pct. 4 - $3,500 8. Special Hearts In The Arts Program - Total $3,500 Commissioner Pct. 2 - $1,000; Commissioner Pct. 3 - $2,000; Commissioner Pct. 4 - $500 9. The Ark Assessment Center & Emergency Shelter (The ARK) - Total - $2,800 Commissioner Pct. 1 - $1,000; Commissioner Pct. 2 - $800; Commissioner Pct. 3 - $1,000 10. The Purple Door - Total - $1,300 Commissioner Pct. 1 - $500; Commissioner Pct. 2 - $800 11. Timon's Ministries - Commissioner Pct. 4 - $1,000 12. Wesley Community Center - Total - $1,800 (Robstown - $900 and Corpus Christi - $900 Commissioner Pct. 1 - $800; Commissioner Pct. 3 - $1,000 13. Westside Business Association - Commissioner Pct. 1 - $1,000 14. Westside Helping Hand - Total - $1,700 Commissioner Pct. 1 - $1,000; Commissioner Pct. 2 - $700
O. Approve a finding for the method of procurement (request for proposals) for the services listed below for the Nueces County Employee Self-Funded Group Health program; authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice; and adopt an order delegating evaluation authority to a selection committee. 1. National Network, and-or Local Network and Secondary (Wrap) Network, or other Network Services; 2. Third Party Administration (TPA); 3. Pharmacy Benefit Management Program (PBM); 4. Disease Management, Pre-Certification Utilization Program; 5. Cobra-HIPAA Administration; 6. Cafeteria Plan Section 125 Plan Administrator; 7. Group Term Life Insurance.
1. Discuss and consider taking any action, approving policies, and/or adopting any resolutions or Orders authorized by law related to county employees, citizens, and visitors of Nueces County regarding COVID-19, Coronavirus.
2. Discuss and consider selection of Mental Health Programs Director.
3. Receive update on Capital Improvement Program (CIP) Projects through Contract (s) with ABM Building Services, LLC.
4. Discuss and consider Supplemental Agreement - First Extension between Nueces County – Corpus Christi Public Health District and Amistad Community Health Center for medical services and staffing related for the Nueces County Community Care Clinic related to treatment of COVID-19 positive patients; Authorize Health District Director to execute Supplemental Agreement.
5. Receive a report from the Nueces County Auditor, Grants Administrator, Hagerty Consulting, Inc. and Emergency Management on COVID-19 response expenses and reimbursements to date.
6. Receive presentation and discuss report(s) from The Perryman Group regarding potential impacts of the development of the North Beach and surrounding area and the potential impact of development of the Historic Nueces County Courthouse and related areas on the Nueces County economy, and related matters.
7. Discuss and Consider approval of a Public Private Partnership solicitation for 1914 Historic Courthouse Rehabilitation, a Qualified Project; authorize the Purchasing Agent to publish a notice for a Request for Qualifications and Approach; and adopt an order delegating evaluation authority to an oversight committee.
8. Discuss and consider approval of overtime pursuant to County policy for essential exempt employees during declared disasters as it relates to COVID-19, and storm preparedness and response; severe weather preparedness and response; in addition, authorize payment of overtime to essential exempt City County Health District Employees.
1. Discuss and consider approval of interlocal agreement and transfer document with the City of Corpus Christi for regarding transfer, assignment, and conveyance of drainage easement and right of way in the London Area.
2. Discuss and consider Supplemental Agreement No. 1 for contract extension between Nueces County and Hanson Professional Services Inc. to provide stormwater management services associated with the county's Texas Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (TPDES) Multi-Sector General Permits (MSGPs) and Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) permit.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 09 for Fiscal Year 2020-2021.
2. Discuss and consider in Department #3300, Court Administration, reclassifying Court Administrator (Non-Licensed) position from a pay group 35 to a pay group 37.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Mar 10, 2021 Commissioners Court - Regular