1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
E. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
F. APPOINT COMMISSIONERS COURT MEMBERS TO THE BOARD OF THE NUECES COUNTY HOUSING FINANCE CORPORATION (SUCH APPOINTMENTS SUPERSEDE ANY PREVIOUS APPOINTMENTS TO THE BOARD). RECESS COMMISSIONERS COURT
1. Select President, 1st Vice President, 2nd Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and staff members to serve as assistant treasurer, and assistant secretary for execution of documents.
2. Discuss and consider approval of a resolution authorizing consent to the sale and transfer of the Gulfway Manor Apartments and the assumption of the Regulatory Agreement related to the Corporation’s Multifamily Housing Revenue Bonds (GNMA Collateralized Mortgage Loan – Gulfway Manor Apartments Project) Series 2007, and matters related thereto.
H. ADJOURN MEETING OF THE NUECES COUNTY HOUSING FINANCE CORPORATION
1. Discuss the COVID 19 response, plans for COVID 19 testing, alternative care sites, Isolation and Community Protection Sites (Isofac), amended Orders, and activities related to area economic recovery; receive update from the Nueces County Emergency Operations Center.
2. Discuss Hurricane and Tropical Storm recovery, including items related to Bob Hall Pier, parking lots, roads, drainage, debris removal, other infrastructure; receive update and reports, including Disaster Summary Outlines and Dune Surveys from consultants, Court members, and staff.
3. Discuss Severe Weather Recovery, Disaster Declarations, Utility, Electricity, and Water Supply, reports from Emergency Operations, and other staff, and related matters.
1. February 2021 - Black History Month
2. In recognition of the Flour Bluff High School Football Team.
3. Texas Independence Day - March 2, 2021.
4. In opposition to S.B. 234/ H.B. 749 that would prohibit county funds from being used to join and support nonprofit county associations that provide collective communication to state legislators.
1. Nueces County Library Advisory Board
2. Nueces County Board of Coastal Parks Commissioners.
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
I. Authorize execution of agreement with Hagerty Consulting, Inc. for pre-positioning for disaster recovery management pursuant to RFP No. 3141-20 Disaster Recovery Management.
1. Receive report on outstanding funds from County issued certificates of obligations and tax notes series 2004, 2007, 2015, and 2016; 2017; 2019 Tax Notes, discuss and consider allocating/re-allocating certificate of obligation funds.
2. Discuss and consider approval of updates to Nueces County Capital Improvements Projects 2019-2024, including consideration of additional projects, project prioritization, and Department of Justice Settlement projects related to the Americans with Disabilities Act; and related matters.
3. Discuss and consider approval of a Resolution authorizing publication of notice of intention to issue 2021 certificates of obligation, approving the preparation and distribution of a preliminary official statement, and providing for an effective date thereof; and related matters.
4. Discuss and consider pursuing legislation authorizing the Port of Corpus Christi Authority to develop Port-owned land in the unincorporated areas of Nueces County, inside the city limits of the City of Robstown, or Nueces County-owned land that is leased to the Port or that the Port has the right to develop or improve to stimulate economic development activities; Authorize Notice of Intent to Introduce Bill; Authorize update of 87th Legislative Agenda; and related matters.
5. Discuss and consider adoption of an Order approving updates to the Nueces County Guidelines and Criteria for Granting Temporary Property Tax Abatements, and related matters.
6. Discuss and consider executing an interlocal agreement with the City of Port Aransas for lifeguard services along the beach at I.B. Magee Beach Park as authorized under Chapter 791 of the Texas Government Code for time frames listed in the agreement for Spring and Summer/Fall seasons of year 2021.
7. Discuss and consider executing an interlocal agreement with the City of Corpus Christi for lifeguard services along the beach at Padre Balli Park as authorized under Chapter 791 of the Texas Government Code for time frames listed in the interlocal agreement for Spring and Summer seasons of year 2021.
8. Discuss and consider approval of Vaccine Staffing Services Agreement between the Nueces County Health District and Christus Spohn Health System Corporation for support services related to COVID-19 vaccinations; Authorize Health District director to execute agreement.
9. Discuss and consider approval of overtime pursuant to County policy for essential exempt employees during declared disasters as it relates to COVID-19, and storm preparedness and response; severe weather preparedness and response; in addition, authorize payment of overtime to essential exempt City County Health District Employees.
1. Discuss and consider the increased cash/in-kind contribution by Nueces County for purposes of receiving additional funding of $450,000 for the Texas Water Development Board Flood Infrastructure Fund.
1. Discuss and consider selection and execution of a contract for Engineering Services Contract with Rock Engineering and Testing Laboratory, Inc. for material testing of the Nueces County Roadway Rehabilitation Project County Road 73, County Road 67, County Road 48 and County Road 69.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 08 for Fiscal Year 2020-2021.
2. Approve Monthly Expense Report for the month of December 2020.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
A. Consult with County Attorney regarding legal issues related to adoption of guidelines and criteria for granting temporary property tax abatements and related matters.
C. Consult with County Attorney and/or outside counsel regarding legal issues related to Corpus Christi Polymers, LLC Tax Abatement agreement, pending appraisal district hearing, discuss any related proposal, and other related matters; Discuss and consider approval of any related proposal, including Amended Tax Abatement Agreement.
CONVENE MEETING OF ROAD DISTRICT IV: A. Discuss and consider approval of payment for engineering services for the design of the parking lot at Bob Hall Pier. ADJOURN MEETING OF ROAD DISTRICT IV
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Feb 24, 2021 Commissioners Court - Regular