1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
1. Discuss the COVID 19 response, plans for COVID 19 testing, alternative care sites, Isolation and Community Protection Sites (Isofac), amended Orders, vaccinations, and activities related to area economic recovery; receive update from the Nueces County Emergency Operations Center.
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
1. Discuss and consider adoption of an Order approving updates to the Nueces County Guidelines and Criteria for Granting Temporary Property Tax Abatements, and related matters.
2. Discuss and consider reclassifying the Mental Health Service Supervisor (Job Code 2908) from a pay group 28 to pay group 31.
3. Discuss and consider request from Berezen (Crossroads District) Inc. to amend deed restrictions on the Corpus Christi Bay Outlets property.
1. Discuss and consider the submission of revisions to the grant application to the Texas Water Development Board under the Flood Infrastructure Fund Category 1 for the Nueces County Regional Drainage Master Plan Study.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
A. Consult with County Attorney and/or outside counsel regarding legal issues related to Corpus Christi Polymers, LLC Tax Abatement agreement, pending appraisal district hearing, discuss any related proposal, and other related matters.
B. Consult with County Attorney regarding legal issues related to creation of county security badging office and staffing.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Jan 27, 2021 Commissioners Court - Regular