1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
E. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. Discuss the COVID 19 response, plans for COVID 19 testing, alternative care sites, Isolation and Community Protection Sites (Isofac), amended Orders, and activities related to area economic recovery; receive update from the Nueces County Emergency Operations Center.
1. December 2, 2020 December 11, 2020 December 16, 2020 December 18, 2020 December 30, 2020
1. 2021 Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration on January 18, 2021.
2. In Opposition to Texas Windstorm Insurance Association (TWIA) Rate Increases.
1. Announcement of January 2021 Employee of the Month.
1. Nueces County Board of Coastal Parks Commissioners.
2. Ad Hoc Advisory Committee for Bob Hall Pier.
3. South Texas Water Authority
4. Announcement by the County Judge of appointment(s) to the Nueces County Industrial Commission AKA Nueces County Development Commission, pursuant to Chapter 381 of the Texas Local Government Code.
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
A. Authorize payment of bills - regular bill summaries dated December 11, 2020, December 15, 2020, December 18, 2020, December 22, 2020, and December 23, 2020.
C. Authorize payment of bills - special motions list dated January 6, 2020.
I. Ratify execution of Amendment No.1, personal services agreement with Robert Durand for management of social media channels related to COVID-19 and public health care issues.
J. Authorize execution of a Personal Services Contract with Robert Durand related to COVID 19 messaging response and social media education campaign;county emergency situations, general county information as well as other health care or safety concerns and available services within Nueces County.
1. Discuss and consider approval of options for a 2021 Plan of Finance for Nueces County, including options for the County's Capital needs and opportunities to save taxpayer funding in the coming years.
2. Discuss and consider approval of letter of intent with ABM Building Services, LLC for purposes of Capital Improvement Projects, including Courthouse Generators (including resiliency options with Resilience Energy) and related matters.
3. Discuss and consider purchase of emergency generators for Courthouse and Jail and any related Orders.
4. Discuss and consider approval of 2020 AEP Texas Memorandum of Understanding for participation in no cost SCORE/CitySmart Program related to energy efficiency improvements.
5. Receive a report from Scott Cross, Director of Coastal Parks, on timber debris removal along the Kleberg section of beach owned by Nueces County on North Padre Island.
6. Discuss and consider adoption of order to temporarily close a portion of the beach at Horace Caldwell Pier.
7. Discuss and consider approval of final site selection, as recommended by the Site Selection Committee, for a new Animal Care Services facility (old Nueces County Showbarn Tract); authorize County staff to submit such proposal to the City of Robstown, for any plat or development services review and comment; for Council approval, and related matters.
8. Discuss and consider Order extending paid leave to County employees as originally provided for under the Families First Coronavirus Relief Act.
9. Discuss and consider approval of overtime pursuant to County policy for essential exempt employees during a declared disaster as it relates to COVID-19, and storm preparedness and response.
1. Receive a presentation from Dr. Gilda Ramirez regarding the CAEL/IDN agreement.
1. Discuss and consider approval of Change Order No. 1 for the McKinzie Annex Evidence Storage Room Project.
2. Discuss and consider approval of a Dune Protection Permit (DPP) for Episcopal Diocese of West Texas under DPP-0720-01-P.
3. Consider and approve the drainage easement and agreement for Kings Landing Subdivision in Precinct 4.
1. Discuss and award CSP No. 3144-20 Nueces County Courthouse Improvements Exterior Wall Remediation.
2. Discuss and award RFP No. 3141-20 Disaster Recovery Management.
3. Receive an update on the RFQ for Engineering Services for the rebuilding of Bob Hall Pier project.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 06 for Fiscal Year 2020-2021.
2. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 91.
3. Approve Capital Project Budget Change Order No. 92.
1. Discuss and consider reclassifying an Information/Switchboard Operator position (pay group 12) to an additional Mechanical Maintenance Worker I (pay group 14) in Department 1500, Mechanical Maintenance.
2. Discuss and consider reclassifying the Public Works Project Coordinator to a Badging Coordinator and move the position to be under the authority of the Sheriff's office, Department 3700. No Fiscal Impact to General Fund
3. Discuss and consider creating a Legal Secretary I position to dedicate primarily to CJIS compliance in order to maintain funding availability; in the amount of $31,657.60 plus $6,964.67 (benefits) = $38,622.27 annually, remaining FY cost is $28,966.68.
4. Discuss and consider reclassifying an Attorney Felony I Juvenile position (pay group 31) to a Felony III Juvenile position (pay group 33). For the remainder of this FY the total cost including benefits would be $5,842.80.
5. Receive information on the Tuition Reimbursement Program and Student Loan Repayment Program (SLRP) including discussing the approval and procedural methods on this employee benefit plan and other related matters.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
A. Consult with the County Attorney on Case No. 2:20-CV-00028; Armando Carrillo, Individually and as Representative of the Estate of Daniel Emilio Carrillo, deceased, and Alicia Carrillo vs. Oliver Buendia, Marcus Lopez, Thomas Lowke, Jesus Galvan; Jose Rodriguez; and Nueces County, Texas; In the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas; approve settlement of case and related matters.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Jan 06, 2021 Commissioners Court - Regular