1. CALL TO ORDER
A. County Judge calls for the Invocation.
B. Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America and Texas Flags.
C. County Judge will call roll, note date, time, and location of meeting, and certify a quorum is present.
D. SAFETY BRIEFING
E. PUBLIC COMMENT: This section provides the public the opportunity to address the Commissioners Court on any issues within its jurisdiction. The Commissioners Court may not take formal action on any requests made during the Public Comment period which are not on the Agenda, but can refer such requests to County staff for review if appropriate.
1. Discuss the COVID 19 response, plans for COVID 19 testing, alternative care sites, Isolation and Community Protection Sites (Isofac), amended Orders, and activities related to area economic recovery; receive update from the Nueces County Emergency Operations Center.
1. In recognition of December 8, 2020 as Special Hearts Day.
1. Announcement of December 2020 Employee of the Month.
1. Nueces County Emergency Services District #6
2. CONSENT AGENDA: The following Agenda Items are of a routine nature, and the Commissioners Court has received supporting materials for consideration. All of these Agenda Items will be passed with one vote without being discussed separately, unless a member of the Commissioners Court or the public requests that a particular Agenda Item be discussed. If so, that Agenda Item will be pulled from the Consent Agenda and discussed as part of the regular Agenda at the appropriate time. One vote will approve the remaining items on the Consent Agenda.
K. Discuss and award IFB No. 3136-20 Nueces County Roadway Rehabilitation Projects CR 67, CR 69, CR 77 & Bauer Road contingent upon approval of the County’s request for release of funds and certification form and issuance of the Authority to Use Grant Funds by the Texas General Land Office.
1. Receive a presentation from Ray Allen, Executive Director Coastal Bend Bays & Estuaries Program, on the FY2019-2020 activities; and, Authorize FY 2020-2021 contract.
2. Receive a presentation from Rebecca Flanigan, Deputy Director of Litigation, Texas Rio Grande Legal Aid Inc., on FY 2019-2020 activities; and, Authorize FY 2020-2021 contract.
3. Receive a presentation from John LaRue, President & Chief Executive Director of The United Corpus Christi Chamber of Commerce, on FY 2019-2020 activities related to the Texas Windstorm Insurance Association (TWIA); and, Authorize FY 2020-2021 contract.
4. Receive a Post Hanna Condition Report on Bob Hall Pier from Sidney Faas, Jacobs Engineering Group, Inc.; discuss and consider a conceptual engineering and architectural phase including design concepts and public input for rebuilding/renovation.
5. Discuss and consider selection of Halff and Associates for Northwest Nueces County drainage; approve contract.
6. Discuss and consider approval of a multiparty letter from Nueces County, City of Corpus Christi, and the Port of Corpus Christi Authority of Nueces County to the Texas Deparment of Transportation (TxDOT), related to the Harbor Bridge Right of Way.
7. Discuss and consider approval of interlocal agreement with the Nueces County Emergency Services District #1, designating a portion of County CARES Act funding allocation.
8. Discuss and consider the execution of Supplemental Agreement #1 to a CARES Act Interlocal Cooperation Agreement between Nueces County and the Nueces County Hospital District.
9. Discuss and consider the dates for Commissioners Court 2021.
10. Discuss and consider approval of overtime pursuant to County policy for essential exempt employees during a declared disaster as it relates to COVID-19, and storm preparedness and response.
1. Receive a presentation on the North Beach Re-Development Traffic Impact Study.
2. Receive a presentation from Wiss, Janney, Elstner, Associates, Inc. (WJE) for the comprehensive structural condition assessment of the Historic 1914 Nueces County Courthouse.
3. Discuss and Consider selection of Richter Architects to provide architectural services related to the Hilltop Community Center facility; approve contract.
4. Discuss and consider the approval of Certificate of Substantial Completion for the IFB: 3078-18 McKenzie Jail Annex Fire Alarm Replacement completed by Circle Industries.
5. Discuss and consider the approval of (1) the plat of Swan Village and (2) a Subdivision Construction Agreement for the subdivision.
1. Discuss and award IFB No. 3145-20 Nueces County Roadway Rehabilitation Projects CR 22 & CR49.
2. Discuss and consider approving an Order amending the Nueces County Purchasing Policy and Procedures Manual.
1. Approve Budget Change Order No. 04 for Fiscal Year 2020-2021.
1. Receive information on the Student Loan Repayment Program (SLRP) including discussing the approval and procedural methods on this employee benefit plan and other related matters.
2. Discuss and consider creating a position, Director of Mental Health Programs, to be funded by the Nueces County Hospital District.
4. EXECUTIVE SESSION: PUBLIC NOTICE is given that the Commissioners Court may elect to go into an Executive Session anytime during the meeting to discuss matters listed on the Agenda, when authorized by the provisions of the Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code. In the event the Commissioners Court elects to go into Executive Session regarding an agenda item, the section or sections of the Open Meetings Act authorizing the Executive Session will be publicly announced by the presiding officer. In accordance with the authority of the Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Sections 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.0745, 551.076, 551.086, 551.087, the Commissioners Court will hold an Executive Session to consult with attorney(s) including matters related to litigation; deliberate regarding real property, prospective gift(s), personnel matters, including termination, county advisory bodies, security devices, and/or economic development negotiations and other matters that may be discussed in an Executive Session. Upon completion of the Executive Session, the Commissioners Court may in an open session take such action as appropriate on items discussed in an Executive Session.
1. Discuss and consider claim of Eduardo Gonzalez and his demand for back pay and reinstatement to his former position as a Nueces County corrections officer.
2. Consult with the County Attorney on Cause No. 2:20-CV-00263; DAVID LONGORIA, INDIVIDUALLY AND ON BEHALF OF THE ESTATE OF DAVID JOHNSON, DECEASED v. NUECES COUNTY, TEXAS; JAVIER ZAPATA, JR., in his individual capacity; WILLIAM FIELDER, in his individual capacity; RICHARD CULP, in his individual capacity; JOHN CHRIS HOOPER, NUECES COUNTY SHERIFF, in his individual capacity; WELLPATH LLC, formerly known as CORRECT CARE SOLUTIONS, LLC; TERA PEELER, in her individual capacity; EDRA BOCANEGRA, in her individual capacity; RANDEE ROBERSON, in her individual capacity; and STACY DAWN FLINT, in her individual capacity; In the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas; ratify the hiring of outside counsel, Paul Kratzig (Kratzig Law Firm) to represent Nueces County, Texas; Keith Sieczkowski (Branscomb PC) to represent Sheriff John Chris Hooper in his Individual Capacity; and Myra Morris and Brian Miller (Royston Rayzor) to represent Javier Zapata, Jr, William Fielder and Richard Culp in their Individual Capacities; and related matters.
Adjournment in Memory (upon request)
Dec 02, 2020 Commissioners Court - Regular